Attorney Kimberly Hamel Wochholz is from Kissimmee, Florida. She graduated with honors from the University of Central Florida in 2004. While enrolled at the University of Central Florida she interned with the Legal Aid Society of Orange County Florida; whose principal undertaking is to provide professional legal services for the disadvantaged.
Mrs. Wochholz then enrolled in the College of Law at Stetson University. During law school she completed the Honors Program and served as an editor on the Stetson Law Review. She also served as an intern with the family law division of the 13th Judicial Circuit, Hillsborough County, Florida, and later joined the Consumer Rights Law Group as a law clerk.
Mrs. Wochholz graduated magna cum laude from Stetson Law and was admitted to the Florida Bar in 2011. Since that time, Mrs. Wochholz has proudly litigated against banks, bill collectors, and other companies on behalf of hundreds of consumers. Mrs. Wochholz practices exclusively under consumer protection statutes that require businesses to pay the attorney’s fees of prevailing consumers. These statutes allow attorneys to represent consumers, who often can’t afford to pay an attorney out of pocket, on a contingency basis whereby leveling the playing field between businesses and consumers. She is passionate about holding businesses accountable and protecting her clients.
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, 2011
- University of Central Florida B.A., cum laude, 2004
- Florida – 2011
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- The Supreme Court of the State of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Awards and Recognitions
Stetson University College of Law
- Dean’s List – Fall 2007, Fall 2008, Spring 2009
- Honor Roll – Spring 2008 and Spring 2010
- Assistant Executive Editor of Stetson Law Review, 2010
- Articles and Symposia Editor of Stetson Law Review, 2011
- Elected “Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges,” 2011
- Completed Honors Program, 2011
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Issues Committee Member, National Association of Consumer Advocates
- Federal Bar Association
- Orange County Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer
- Hillsborough County Bar Association